Driving on streets and highways alike can be very hazardous without proper safety habits. While traffic is too unpredictable to be completely safe from risk, there are several tips to keep you on the safe side of the road:
1. Watch Traffic Flow: Glance ahead at traffic to see changes, such as lane abandonment and abrupt braking.
2. Check Your Blind Spots: Make a habit of looking at the spaces beside your car, especially when changing lanes and turning.
3. Know Your Car’s Limits: All vehicles have limitations in terms of top speed, acceleration, braking, handling etc. To avoid accidents, it’s important to know your vehicle’s limits.
4. Keep a Safe Distance From the Car Ahead: Putting a lead of at least 3 seconds between your vehicle and the one in front of you will help ensure you have enough time to react accordingly in an emergency situation.
5. Read the Cars Around You: Look at the cars surrounding you for signs of damage, dents, and scratches to see which drivers may be prone to accidents.
These tips, along with using your best judgment, will help you to stay safe on the road. Sometimes, however, the drivers around us do not practice the same standards of safety. Because of that, in case of an accident, please do not hesitate to contact a lawyer.